What is NRA CET ?
National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will conduct NRA CET (Common Eligibility Test), computer-based online Common Eligibility Test for the recruitment of Non-Gazetted Posts in Central Government, Railways, Bank and Public Sector.
NRA CET from September 2021
“NRA is expected to conduct Common Eligibility Test (CET) from September 2021 onwards” Union Minister of State (independent charge) Dr Jitendra Singh stated in Parliament on 21.09.2020.
On 22 August 2020 : Union Minister Jitendra Singh stated that State and Union Territory can avail the of scores on the Common Eligibility Test (CET) to shortlist the candidates for Govt Jobs.
CET score could be shared with the recruiting agencies in the state and Union Territory governments as well as public sector undertakings and also later on with the private sector, according to an official statement.
Creation of National Recruitment Agency (NRA)
On 19th August 2020, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for creation of National Recruitment Agency (NRA). The key points of
Key Highlights of Approval
- NRA will conduct Common eligibility Test to screen candidates at the first level for SSC, RRBs and IBPS
- A computer based online Common Eligibility Test (CET) for the Graduate, the Higher Secondary (12thpass) and the Matriculate (10th Pass) candidates.
- CET center in Every District
- CET Score to be valid for three years, no bar on attempts
- Multiple languages : The CET would be available in a number of languages.
- Shortening the recruitment cycle
- Government has sanctioned a sum of Rs. 1517.57 crore for the National Recruitment Agency (NRA).
Validity of CET for SSC, RRB and IBPS exams is three years
NRA : Beginning
On 1st February, 2020, Finance Minister of India, Ms Nirmala Sitharaman, during his budget speech made a announcement, that a National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be created for the recruitment of Non-Gazetted Posts in Government Organization.
Why NRA CET is required
2.5 crore to 3 crore aspirants appear for about 1.25 lakh vacancies in the central government every year. To simplify the process in transparent manner :-
- NRA will conduct a common eligibility test (CET) and based on the CET score a candidate can apply for a vacancy with the respective agency.
- CET examination centres would be set up in every district of the country it will time and money of candidates.
NRA Exam Pattern
NRA Exam Syllabus
We are open for discussion in this topic. Please submit your comment