What is NRA CET ?
National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will conduct NRA CET (Common Eligibility Test), computer-based online Common Eligibility Test for the recruitment of Non-Gazetted Posts in Central Government, Railways, Bank and Public Sector.
The CET would screen /shortlist candidates for certain categories of posts in Central Government for which recruitment is carried out through the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) and Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). Based on the screening done at CET score level, final selection for recruitment shall be made through separate tests / examinations, Skill Test, Physical Test, Interview to be conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
NRA CET coming soon
New Delhi : 22 May 2022 : Union Minister of State Mr Jitendra Singh said that Common Eligibility Test (CET) for recruitment to Non-Gazetted posts is being scheduled to be conducted before the year end.
24 March 2022 : Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Dr. JItendra Singh informed about the progress of setup National Recruitment Agency. An Expert Advisory Committee setup by NRA to recommend the common Syllabus and scheme for the CET Exam. The Chairman, Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations, Director and Deputy Secretary for functioning of NRA has been deputed.
On 22 August 2020 : Union Minister Jitendra Singh stated that State and Union Territory can avail the of scores on the Common Eligibility Test (CET) to shortlist the candidates for Govt Jobs. CET score could be shared with the recruiting agencies in the state and Union Territory governments and public sector undertakings. Further, score can be share with the private sector for hiring of candidates.
Creation of National Recruitment Agency (NRA)
On 19th August 2020, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for creation of National Recruitment Agency (NRA). The key points of
Key Highlights of Approval
- NRA will conduct Common eligibility Test to screen candidates at the first level for SSC, RRBs and IBPS
- A computer based online Common Eligibility Test (CET) for the Graduate, the Higher Secondary (12thpass) and the Matriculate (10th Pass) candidates.
- CET Exam center in Every District
- CET Score to be valid for three years, no bar on attempts
- Multiple languages : The CET would be available in a number of languages.
- Shortening the recruitment cycle
- Government has sanctioned a sum of Rs. 1517.57 crore for the National Recruitment Agency (NRA).
Validity of CET for SSC, RRB and IBPS exams is three years
NRA : Beginning
On 1st February, 2020, Finance Minister of India, Ms Nirmala Sitharaman, during his budget speech made a announcement, that a National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be created for the recruitment of Non-Gazetted Posts in Government Organization.
Why NRA CET is required
2.5 crore to 3 crore aspirants appear for about 1.25 lakh vacancies in the central government every year. To simplify the process in transparent manner :-
- NRA will conduct a common eligibility test (CET) and based on the CET score a candidate can apply for a vacancy with the respective agency.
- CET examination centres would be set up in every district of the country it will time and money of candidates.
NRA Exam Pattern
NRA Exam Syllabus
We are open for discussion in this topic. Please submit your comment